- Published by
- Posted on
- Leave your thoughts
A front closure bra is a bra where the closure is in front instead of the back.
Good style for:
- Women with limited hand movement, or who cannot get their hands behind their back.
- No hook/eye bumps makes for a smooth looking back.
- Wide-set breasts will find that most of these bras have wider set cups.
Not so good for:
- With no adjustability, women between band sizes or with band size fluctuations will have difficulty getting a proper fit.
- Symmastia, splayed breasts or close set breasts may find the center
- panel too narrow.
- Women needing a supportive and anchored center panel.
- Life of the bra is less due to the band not being able to adjust.
Front closure bras are popular with many women because they’re easy to put on and take off. However, if you’ve been shopping for one recently, you’ve discovered there are very few to be found and for good reason. Front closure bras can be limiting since by definition they have only one non-adjusting clasp at the center front. The bra must fit perfectly because it cannot be adjusted. The center front clasp is not as strong or as supportive as a bra with a center panel. Consequently, the bra cups can shift around thus reducing support. Finally, a front closure bra will not last as long because of its inability to adjust tighter.