- Published by
- Posted on
- Leave your thoughts
Longline bras have bands that extend down to the waist or lower.
Good style for:
- Adding distributed breast and thus reducing stress on shoulders and back.
- Relief of back pain and additional discomfort when standing for long periods.
- Combination bra and shapewear all-in-one.
- A columnar body shape.
- Eliminating bumps from the underbust down.
Not so good for:
- Short-waisted women could find the garment too long for their torsos.
- Pear and tomato-shaped bodies will have fit issues – hips will be too tight, or the tummy will be larger than the band size. One option is to go up a band size and down a cup size to get a more generous fit around the torso.
- Spine curvature may look more pronounced if the fabric tends to bias or twist.
Long-line bras are a fabulous style that seems to have been forgotten by most women. All women should have a long-line style bra in their lingerie wardrobe. Here’s a list of reasons why:
- Smooth lines – a long-line virtually eliminates bumps from the neck down
- Better support – A long line distributes the support over a greater amount of your upper body, thus reducing stress to any one area like shoulders or back.
- Clothes fit better – A long-line can reduce you enough around your torso to possibly go down a blouse size.
- Focused support – The design of a long-line allows for focused support in specific areas such as your tummy, lower back and shoulder blades