- Published by
- Posted on
- Leave your thoughts
Pendulous breasts are when the nipple and the lower breast mass are below the breast crease line on the chest. This breast position is common after child-birth, breast feeding one or many children, extreme weight loss, a severe illness, improper bra usage, and, in general, as we age. Proper life-time breast support can significantly reduce and even prevent pendulous breasts from forming.
Bra suggestions for women with pendulous breasts:
- Look for bras with rigid, non-stretchy cup fabric.
- Underwires along with cut & sew (seamed) cups that are full coverage will give the best shape and support.
- Cut & Sew bras where there is a vertical center seam in the bottom half of the cup will give you the most lift.
- Larger cup sizes – DD and larger – will get better support if the sides are also boned.
- Avoid bras with wide-set straps. Center pull straps work best.
- A plunge bra can work if your upper breasts are also full. If you have deflated upper breast tissue, look for plunge bras with seams in the cups.
- Cami bras are a comfortable solution, but your silhouette will not be lifted, full or round.
- Most contour and seamless bras will not have enough support to pull you up and keep your pendulous breasts in place. However some full-figure bra manufacturers have created some very supportive contour bras.
- Soft cup bras (bras without underwires) will be very comfortable, but an uplifting, rounded shape will be compromised.
- Lightweight, unstructured, pullover, bandeau or triangle style bras are not recommended because they are all missing the structure you need.