- Published by
- Posted on
- Leave your thoughts
Uneven breasts mean your two breasts are not of equal size. This is very common if the size difference is one cup size or less. It is more unusual if the size difference between your two breasts is greater than a cup size. In this case, the cause could be attributed to a body injury or illness during breast development. Uneven breasts can also occur during menopause when hormones can cause your breasts to expand unevenly. If you are an athlete and use one arm more than the other, this too can cause uneven breast sizes.
- Most bra styles can be retrofitted with pads called “cookies” or “breast enhancers” which add volume to the smaller breast thus giving you an even appearance.
- Figure out where your fullness is missing in your breast and put the cookie in the correct place in your bra cup – along the bottom, along the side, or on the top of your breast.
- Push-up bras with removable cookies can be a great solution. The cookie can be removed from the larger side, and kept in the cup on the smaller side – instant evenness.
- Contour cup bras (seamless cups with a thin foam layer for shaping) are particularly good for giving an even look without the need for additional padding if your size difference is less than a full cup size.
- For DD cup sizes and larger, bras where the upper edge of the cup is elasticized or where the upper fabric is stretchy will form to each breast for a more perfect fit.
- Plunge bras could be problematic because they could show off your unevenness.