Confessions Of A Curvy Girl: ‘Tis the Season

Confessions Of A Curvy Girl

S0 I polled the readers of my website because I just had to know- is it ever ok to give lingerie as a gift?

The results were surprisingly balanced. About 60% said no way- it is NEVER ok to give lingerie as a gift. The other 40% said it was a great gift, even a treat, if someone bought you lingerie you might have never bought for yourself.

I could not even answer my own question even though I have been given lingerie before. Did I love that gift? No way.

The reason may be because the giver had absolutely no clue what size I wore.  He wandered into a local shop and did the ever popular “guess and check.”  He knew I loved a good push up bra and ran with it. Padding for miles, cutesy bows that would show through even the loosest shirt and the color- hot pink!

But how could he have known? I keep my sizes and measurements close to the breast (literally). Moral to the story? If you think that your significant other may buy you lingerie- jot your sizes on a little note. Save both of yourselves the trouble and embarrassment of giving/getting something that might not even fit on your forearm.

True story. THAT’S how small my gift was. He obviously would have benefited from knowing my Universal Cup Size™.

Heather Tallman is an Indiana-based food writer, blogger and creator of Basilmomma.com a cooking and family life website.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>